The Hasler Foundation mainly supports non-commercial organisations in their pursuit of research goals or educational aims. In special cases, gifted students may obtain grants. Moreover, the Hasler Foundation can take a financial stake in innovative start-up companies.
Possible recipients of support include:
- Universities and university-like institutions
- Other non-commercial organisations
- New high-tech companies in the field of ICT (Start-up Support)
- Gifted individuals for further training in ICT (Grants)
- Holders of a doctorate or post graduates, together with a university professor (mentor) within the framework of innovation projects
With the exception of grants to, and financial holdings in, start-up companies, the Hasler Foundation only provides support for non-commercial institutions. In particular, the Hasler Foundation does not support company projects.
The recipients of support must guarantee that the funding will be used for purposes that are within the Hasler Foundation's area of funding.
Social reasons do not constitute a criterion for receiving support from the Hasler Foundation.